Re: [News] Firefox 1.5 Twice as Fast as IExploder, Less Memory Hungry

  • Subject: Re: [News] Firefox 1.5 Twice as Fast as IExploder, Less Memory Hungry
  • From: Aunty Diluvian <AuntyDiluvian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:22:19 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:47:35 GMT, ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 17:38:10 -0400
>Aunty Diluvian <AuntyDiluvian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 21 Oct 2006 16:31:32 -0700, "Roy Schestowitz"
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> >IE7: Twice as performant as IE6, but half as slow as FF 1.5
>> >
>> >,----[ Quote ]
>> >`----
>> >
>> >http://ajaxian.com/archives/ie7-twice-as-performant-as-ie6-but-half-
>> >as-slow-as-ff-15 http://tinyurl.com/y9han4
>> >
>> >Chart on page.
>>
>> What a total bunch of rubbish.  No surprise though since it comes
>> from a known Linux-brained weanie.
>>
>> IE has always beaten every browser regarding speed and
>> html rendering, no matter how badly coded.
>> If those greedy bastards had only put any effort into their
>> browser when people were yelling for a tabbed interface
>> and better security measures the rise of Firefox might have
>> been averted.  But, like all other money hungry assholes,
>> they only listened to their stockholders and not their end
>> users. Now they are spending twice as much just to keep
>> their market share.  I hope it costs them billions.
>>
>> I use that damned Firefox in BSD because it is the best
>> browser available for that platform. In Windows I use
>> Maxthon.  An IE shell with every bell and whistle
>> available to all other browsers. Wiht the Maxthon shell
>> and the MS trident engine, nothing, not even Firefox
>> comes close to it in speed or ease of customization.
>>
>> If Firefox would spend more time fixing the shortcomings
>> of their browser and less time trying to get ahead of IE
>> their race would win itself. MS is their own worst enemy
>> and will be defeated by their own lack of insight and
>> greediness.
>>
>> That's my opinion and I don't care what you think.
>
>for those who do care, opera is by far the fastest rendering.

Horseshit.  Opera is a load of crap.  The devs at Opera care
less about their end-users than MS if that's possible.
Version 8.50 crashed more times than not and 9.0 has serious
bugs in rendering, DNS queries and user customization.

Panels and Widgets don't make a decent browser unless
you do nothing but adjust your menus and sidebars all day.

All this, in addition to the fact that their devs decided to
make any right mouse click either open a url in a new tab
or instantly move the cursor to page center. That's the
most stupid coding error imaginable and it has been like that
for at least 4 version upgrades..  If the right mouse button is
clicked on any part of the current page the cursor
automagically moves to the center. Now move the cursor
again to a clear spot and right click again. Back to the
page center.  How assinine.

Please explain to me the logic of that. Who would possibly
tolerate having to move the mouse to the right or left to
an area that has no link, again and again and again.