Re: [News] Desktop Environments War Similar to O/S Rivalry

  • Subject: Re: [News] Desktop Environments War Similar to O/S Rivalry
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:39:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Sunday 22 October 2006 08:53 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Editor's Note: The Four L's
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| I have come to learn to expect such behavior, even though
>>| I may not understand it. Such are my feelings regarding
>>| the current rash of KDE/GNOME bashing going on in various
>>| blogs and forums. It seems that you can't post an article
>>| about either desktop, however benign, without some yokel
>>| using the opportunity to flame the other environment.
>>|
>>| [...]
>>|
>>| I am beginning to believe the real reason is fear.
>>|
>>| Fear of commitment on the part of the applications
>>| developers: If I code my app for GNOME, will all of
>>| those KDE user not use my application?
>>|
>>| Fear of obscurity on the part of the environment
>>| developers: If KDE "wins" the desktop wars, what
>>| happens to all of my work as a GNOME developer?
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2006-10-20-020-26-OP-DT-DV
>>
>> This also explains why this newsgroups suffers from Wintroll
>> infestation. Linux and Apple kill the Microsoft ecosystem.
>> The Wintrolls' involvement is merely an act of self defence.
>
> For some of them, I'm sure.  I'm also sure that some of them must be
> paid to do what they do - nobody would be daft enough to attempt to make
> Bill Gates richer in their own spare time, would they?

Microsoft did it before and they are doing it again. They hire people like
Scott Nuts (sic, ans sick as well).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
roy      pts/9                         Sun Oct 22 13:52 - 13:52  (00:00)