Re: [News] Neil McAllister: "There is no stopping the open-source movement now"

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Sunday 10 September 2006 17:37 \__

> This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on  Sun, 10 Sep 2006
> 16:52:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> He is, but notice how trolls attack the messenger when they refuse to
>> grasp the message (the Halloween Documents in this case).
>>
>> I feel a little guilty when I realise that trolls reply to my posts. I
>> killfiled them so I don't have to spend time reading any tripe. But
>> judging by followups from Linux advocates, they still bother to speak
>> up... sometimes to the walls, evidently.
>
> A troll just *has* to reply, even though they know *full* well that a
> poster has them killfiled. Like a kid who has to have the last word, IMO.

Maybe I should add a filter to killfile direct replies to twits like Gary
Stewart. But I don't know how to achieve this without the References header,
which is easy to spoof.