Re: [News] Neil McAllister: "There is no stopping the open-source movement now"

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Sunday 10 September 2006 18:59 \__

> This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on  Sun, 10 Sep 2006
> 17:50:35 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ William Poaster ] on Sunday 10 September 2006 17:37 \__
>
> <snip>
>>> A troll just *has* to reply, even though they know *full* well that a
>>> poster has them killfiled. Like a kid who has to have the last word,
>>> IMO.
>>

>> Maybe I should add a filter to killfile direct replies to twits like Gary
>> Stewart. But I don't know how to achieve this without the References
>> header, which is easy to spoof.
>
> If I read this correctly, Roy, you want to kf direct replies from someone
> to Flatfish *only*, but leave their other posts untouched?

Yes, it just seems to align with my reading habits anyway, so why not
automate it? I hope you can offer help. I know you use Pan and are aware of
KNode (KDE), but you said you were using Leafnode. In KNode I use regular
expressions to infer depth from the References, e.g. flatdomain\.fish>.*< is
a follow-up to followup to self and flatdomain\.fish>$ is direct followup.

Best wishes,