[News] Hewlett Packard... Makes you Wonder

There's a lot about this saga going on in the news. It doesn't directly
involves operating systems, but have a look.

HP probe snared a third News.com reporter

,----[ Quote ]
| The personal telephone records of a third CNET News.com reporter were
| targeted during Hewlett-Packard's investigation into boardroom leaks,
| HP confirmed Friday afternoon.
|
| An HP spokesman said reporter Stephen Shankland's records were targeted by
| a subcontractor working for a private investigator hired by the company.
| Shankland was a contributing reporter on a Jan. 23 article about a
| long-term board planning session that apparently angered HP Chairman
| Patricia Dunn, who launched the investigation.
`----

http://news.com.com/HP+probe+snared+a+third+News.com+reporter/2100-1014_3-6113919.html

I wouldn't be surprised if an even larger company with far poorer ethics
could pull the same tricks and intimidate reporters. Then comes to mind the
eavesdropping on PJ (possible SCO/MS attempt to identify IBM connections).
This also involved attempts to contact PJ's parents.