Re: [News] 64-Bit Windows Vista - Not What Microsoft Had Promised

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> __/ [ Tim Smith ] on Thursday 07 September 2006 16:12 \__

>>> Gamers Say Microsoft Understates Xbox Problems
>>
>> No, *one* anonymous person says that 30-50% of EA's systems died, which EA
>> says is incorrect.  If the failure rate were 30% or more, there would be
>> hundreds of independent sources for this.
>
> When Microsoft keeps lying about its products, it's hard to find a reliable
> source. It is, after all, Microsoft that ships these, as well as absorbs the
> defective units. Given that Microsoft claims that:
>
>         1. Only 5% of all Windows PC's have malware (others say it's
>         80-90%)

Which "others"?

>         2. The Linux so-called "market share" is less than 1% (the installed base is
>         an order of magnitude higher)

Source please. to be "install base" it must be used. Live CDs clogging
up the coffee table dont count.

>         3. Linux servers aren't being adopted or grow, despite double-figure
>         inter-quarter growth (percentage-wise).

from what to what?

> I would prefer to look at independent sources and facts that are on the
> ground.
>
> xbox 360 - broken!

Not according to the independant sites where xbox360 gamers gather.

> ,----[ Quote ]
> | My xbox 360 is broken and no matter what game I put inside, it always
> | freezes after a while
> `----

SW is SW : HW is HW. Things go wrong.

There are millions of these things : there will always be some dodgy units.