Re: Review of the LAMP-based Zimbra

__/ [ Cyberwasteland ] on Thursday 07 September 2006 16:10 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Zimbra: Mashing Up The Office
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Zimbra is an open source Web Office vendor. It started off in 2005 as
>> | an email/calendar collaboration toolset, big on mashup functionality
>> | and Web 2.0 hype. Zimbra has since added word processor and spreadsheet
>> | to its product range, meaning it now closely resembles a Web Office
>> | suite.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/zimbra_mashing_up_office.php
>
> I tried out the Zimbra demo for a while. I'm not sure what the big deal
> is - Zimbra certainly doesn't have anywhere near the features of other
> collaboration software, such as phpGroupware.

I tried Zimbra when it was in testing, roughly a year ago. It was slow, very
slow. The only merit was the sexy interface.

Best wishes,

Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
Swap:  1036184k total,   412408k used,   623776k free,    59436k cached