Re: [News] Another Uber-Vista-Capable Laptop Explodes

__/ [ Jim ] on Saturday 02 September 2006 09:20 \__

> On or about 2006-09-02 Saturday 08:26, I did witness the following events
> concerning Roy Schestowitz:
>
>> __/ [ Jim ] on Saturday 02 September 2006 07:43 \__
>>
>>> On or about 2006-09-02 Saturday 06:28, I did witness the following events
>>> concerning [H]omer:

>>> I take it then, that the IBM ads are lying? I can't actually take my
>>> Thinkpad onto a plane?
>>
>> Only with asbestos underwear.
>
> shopping list:
>
> IBM Thinkpad
> Fire blanket
> See-through flame retardent nuthuggers
> CAA/FAA approval to carry FCC-approved electronic equipment*

Finally I know why all these laptop briefcases are so large. The side pockets
assume that the buyer will have a whole 'kit'.

> *for the first time ever, I actually read the manual that came with my
> mobile phone. Which prompted me to read the manual for my PCMCIA wireless
> network cards. Which prompted me to read the manual for my Sierra cell
> card. All the aforementioned items, and my Dell laptop, have FCC warnings
> that state that they don't emit harmful interference yet they must accept
> harmful interference. So, apart from exploding batteries, laptops,
> wireless/cell cards, cellphones and PMR radios are all safe to take onto,
> and use on, planes (even while in flight).

Here's another arbitrary trail of thought.

Use Windows, be impotent (the laptop heating issue). However, I think therein
lies a perfect explanation. Windows users have already made an incompetent
choice, thus they are not potent. What harm would some boiling laptop do?

> Proof of how safe cellphones are comes from the boffs at Brainiac: Science
> Abuse, who:
>
> 1. attempted to microwave an egg using mobile phones. Didn't even get warm.

Reminds me of some videos I have been watching.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=microwave&search=Search