Re: Interesting...

  • Subject: Re: Interesting...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:54:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Wednesday 20 September 2006 01:59 \__

> Chris Wilkinson :
>> Hi there,
>>
>> In the last few days I have seen an increase in the volume of spam
>> filtered from my inbox, by a factor of several times the usual
>> amount. Understandably thats quite an increase, especially over so
>> short a time span.

Same here. Yesterday morning I had to recheck if SpamAssassin was still
enabled. It was.

>> If I try to relate the increase in spam to something I have done,
>> like emailing someone with an unprotected Windows machine, there
>> is nothing recently I have done that could trigger such a spam
>> invasion.
>>
>> If I then try to relate back who I have pissed off this last few
>> weeks, only in this newsgroup is there anyone who has had any form
>> of argument with me...
>>
>> Could it be that people in this newsgroup are unmunging addresses,
>> and feeding them to spam-bots?

People have been doing this to Mark because he has his E-mail in his
signature, which may seem like an invitation for attacks through
subscriptions.

> Elephino (Cross between an elephant and a rhinocerous).
>
> I have an unending torrential downpour of spam since I pissed off K-man.
> I cant remember what the K stands for at the moment. I wouldn't doubt
> that folks on usenet are doing that sort of thing, stupidly damaging as
> it is.
>
> Kadaitcha? Yeah, I think it was spelled Kadaitcha Man. Total git, that
> guy.

I try to stay away from that thing. He wasn't too happy when I had him
reported.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "On the eighth day, God created UNIX"
roy      pts/5                         Tue Sep 19 04:29 - 04:29  (00:00)