Re: [News] Is Windows Vista Just Windows 9x Underneath?

Oliver Wong wrote:

>> Have a look. Taken into its full glory.
>>
>> http://www.istartedsomething.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/start4.jpg
>>
>> Aero Glass is only available with premium versions of the operating
>> system.
>> And it's evident that not much work has been down underneath for quite
>> some
>> time. Toyish interface in XP and some resource-greedy transparency in
>> Vista
>> are no compelling reason for an upgrade (unless you like newer icon
>> sets).
>
>     Or if you like any of the features on this 32 page list:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_new_to_Windows_Vista
>
>     Why do the Linux advocates here feel they need to mislead people on
>     the
> changes between Vista and XP? Linux can do almost everything Vista can do
> and does it better, right? Probably 95% of the features listed on that
> page are "catch-up" features that Linux has had years ago, right? So why
> should we have to lie about Vista? Linux should be able to beat Vista on
> merit, rather than on FUD.
>
>     - Oliver

Because "features" MS claims to be included turn too often out as being not
included at all, crippled or simply not-working as intended
*All* planned features slightly interesting in Shorthorn MCD have been
dropped because of utter incompetence of the MS code monkeys
--
In Seattle, Washington, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon
that is over six feet in length.