Re: My first killfile entry

  • Subject: Re: My first killfile entry
  • From: Hadron Quark <qadronhuark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:55:23 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:R8VLzyRwjcWWhZct0hvEWHUPEqk=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
mlw <mlw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> tjb wrote:
>
>> mlw <mlw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> <...>
>>> What changed? Schestowitz is polluting this group with so many pointless
>>> messages, that, without a killfile, the group is useless.
>> <...>
>>
>> I somewhat agree.  I generally enjoy reading Mr. Schestowitz's news posts,
>> but he effectively floods the group with them.  As a result, I'm scrolling
>> all over the place trying to read older threads.
>>
>> If I killfile him (or his news posts), I see too few of his posts.  If I
>> don't, I see too many.
>
> EXACTLY!!!

So a digest solves all issues. The general "to and fro" banter between
the adversaries is generally "sub thread". And its easy enough in all
decent readers to "kill thread", or even "kill thread from here" for
those branches which are getting a little OTT.

--
Approved for veterans.