Re: My first killfile entry

Mark Kent wrote:

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on  Mon, 18 Sep 2006
>> 14:14:35 -0400, mlw wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>> In short, you suck.
>>
>> No doubt you'd sooner have the trolls. Well you can join them.
>>
>><PLONK>
>>

> I did the same some time ago.  I think the argument of "but I don't
> /want/ to use a killfile" more than a little childish.  It sounds a lot
> like "I don't want to do my homework" to me...

That's silly. I'm not saying that I object to Roy's content, I object to the
volume. I don't like to use filters because, like I said, even a broken
clock is right twice a day. I am quite capable of reading that with which I
disagree, and even learning from it occasionally.

I think killfiles for the purpose of putting blinders on to other opinions
is the act of fools. With Roy, however, you have to killfile him because he
posts so many damn messages, you can't see what's being discussed. Usenet
is for discussions, not for blindly posting a million news items a day.

> If you don't like something, then be a grown-up, mature person and
> filter out, then you can read what you want to read.

I can't believe you don't understand the difference.