Re: [News] Flash 9 for Linux Debuts

__/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Thursday 14 September 2006 21:11 \__

> On 2006-09-13, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>| Flash Player 9 for Linux made its public debut (finally)
>
>  Poor trolls. Less ammunition all the time...

Customizing Ubuntu Live CD 6.06.1

,----[ Quote ]
| So I set out to make my own custom live CD that was already equipped with
| Flash Player 9. The final CD was able to boot on both an IBM ThinkPad and
| an Intel-based MacBook and was a much better answer to the question, "What
| if we need to run the demo on a different machine instead?"
`----

http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2006/09/customizing_ubuntu_live_cd_606_1.html

It's all coming together very quickly. There is even FOSSoftware to create
Flash content, as well as the always-evolving Gnash to play it with FOSS.