Re: Pettiness from both sides.

__/ [ yttrx ] on Wednesday 13 September 2006 13:46 \__

>> __/ [ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 13 September 2006 09:00 \__
>>
>>> Chris Wilkinson <blobster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:

>>> pretty much so, but the linux side are HONEST little snivelling
>>> nothing-better-to-do winge-merchants.
>>>
>>> So nyer.
>>
>> I find COLA very educational. To trolls, it's merely a place to vent
>> anger.
>
> I cant wait till you find the rest of the linux groups.  :)

That's where I came from. Initially I participated in the Palm newsgroups,
mixing it with a few broader computer-related newsgroups. I then moved on
(while keeping the old groups) to Web-related newsgroups and some that deal
with graphics, programming languages, and my field of research. I only later
joined the technical Linux newsgroups. COLA was a final destination, but I
am still involved in some other newsgroups, primarily the search engines
newsgroup, which thrives on a family/community 'feel'. COLA is like a
dysfunctional family. You just need to stick with the right side.