Re: Wingdongs won't start

__/ [ Anonym skribent ] on Tuesday 12 September 2006 22:45 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev:
>> __/ [ Anonym skribent ] on Tuesday 12 September 2006 18:46 \__
>
>> I'd advise you to edit important documents on a system you can trust; not
>> a system that will corrupt itself when you open the wrong document.
>
> Gladly, every document i write now, is written i kwrite, and not in any
> Microshit proprietary software that makes you a slave to Bill Gate$. Free
> Software is about the joy of sharing your intellect.

Good choice. I use kwrite many times a day. My favourite editor. Also
consider using Kate, which augments the functionality of Kwrite by embedding
it in a pane. For something that involves formatting, consider LyX or Kile.
OpenOffice is for those who insist on doing things in reverse. Working on
layout to generate a description rather than describe content. Who is
responsible for all of these misconceptions anyway. LyX sits somewhere in
the middle as it permits you to embed TeX and forces you to incorporate
structural semantics (via drop-down menu).

>> Apparently, Windows
>> wishes to check a disk that was supposedly corrupted. It perceived Linux
>> vicinity as malovalent.
>
> So that's why wingdong doesn't work?
>
>> Best wishes, (I hope I didn't sound harsh *smile*)
>
> Roy, your words are like warm butter in my ears.

I'm surprised. Want some bread to soak that with? *smile*

> "Now it is time to stop beliving, and to begin to understand" - His
> Holiness Rael.
>
> "You're a bunch of slap jawed faggots around here" - Govenor Jesse
> Jackson.

Good luck with Linux. There can be all sorts of explanation as to why Windows
broke itself further (it's already broken by design). Safe mode, blue
screens of death, failed boots, viruses and fatal errors (e.g. DLL hell) are
all part of the XPerience. But, hey, it's not as though Microsoft promised
you that it will work. /Au contraire/. The waiver... oops, I meant the
EULA... pretty much let's you know that this black box is expected to
implode and explode quite sporadically. And MS has no liability.