Re: Negroponte announces OLPC for eBay, shows off pull-string

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 27 September 2006 09:54 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> __/ [ John A. Bailo ] on Tuesday 26 September 2006 03:22 \__
>>>

> http://laptops.engadget.com/2006/09/20/negroponte-announces-olpc-for-ebay-shows-off-pull-string/

>>> This was inevitable. The $350 price tag was actually there some time ago.
>>> I believe it was a pledge that showed interest in (or support for) the
>>> project.
>>>

>> Indeed.  And even at that price, it looks very affordable.
>>
>> <snip>
>
> To be fair, you can get a standard Linux laptop (with SUSE preinstalled) for
> just about 220 quid. Yes, it's more expensive, but it has some advantages
> over an underpowered laptop with a pseudo-extra-high-resolution display.

Yeah, but to give to kids in a primary or secondary school, which would
last longer?

To be considered successful, a woman must be much better at her job
than a man would have to be.  Fortunately, this isn't difficult.