Re: Does this look like a migration to you ?

Paul wrote:
On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 16:44:27 -0400, Jerry Stuckle
<jstucklex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Paul wrote:

I have been with them for 2 years but recently they had "an upgrade of
servers" which was really a take over by another company, and nothing
has gone right since.

Is it possible to change?

I've been trying to. I have both of the sites on another server, but I
need the DNS changed and also control of the domains. Until they
reply, I am held prisoner.

Did you register your domains through them also? If so, now you know why it's not a good idea. If not, you should still be able to check into your domain.

When I signed up with them they paid for the domain name although I
own it as such. The whois says it is in my name and [old] address. But
also has:

Sponsoring Registrar: WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC. Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited

A friend of mine [you know who it is Roy] - put in a transfer with
godaddy - but that was over 10 days ago and nothing from them either.
She is now away till the 30th at the latest.

Maybe you should change your registrar as your first step, so you can regain control of your domain.

Well, if I knew how, may be I could. I use HELM and there is a place
there for personal details. I have changed them to my wifes name and
new address.

I cannot prove who I am. I moved to the States and married my now
wife. Taught myself html and built the site. I had to return to the UK
for medical reasons. I expected to be in the UK for a few months to
get the medical problem sorted and return to the USA. - That was
almost 2 years ago and still stuck here. A few months ago my wife had
to move to a smaller place.

BTW - it is a .us site - and I think there are different rules to
those domains.

The other site we want to move is .com and owned by my daughter.

I have written to domainreg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and no reply.
I have written to wild west domains and no reply.
I have written to 1plan and no reply
I have written to webhostplus [new owners] and no reply.

As there are also email server problems, I cannot always guarantee
that any email using the site address (eg webmaster @ mycompany) will
arrive. Most have bounced back.

So even if whoever can do anything asks me to email them from one of
my sites addresses, I cannot be sure they will get it.

I just want control over my domain so I can move hosts. Thats all I
want. Most of this stuff is over my head and with the stress and meds,
this is all too much.

plh
Paul

Ah, yes, this is tied into the other thread. I wasn't sure if it was or not. That's why it's not a good idea to start a new thread.

You will still need to try to contact WWD to see if they can help you. Explain the situation. They may or may not.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address