Re: Does this look like a migration to you ?

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:52:59 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ Paul ] on Sunday 24 September 2006 20:17 \__
>
>> On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:08:35 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>__/ [ Paul ] on Sunday 24 September 2006 15:56 \__

>>>The DNS servers worldwide might still be out of sync. If the new IP is
>>>unreachable, contact the host.
>>>

>>>__/ [ Paul ] on Sunday 24 September 2006 15:07 \__

>>>No justification for stress. It may be normal. I can recall the same
>>>behaviour when A List Aside relocated. Give it a day or two at most.
>>>
>>>Best wishes,
>>>
>>>Roy
>>
>> Hi Roy
>> I have been trying to contact the host for WEEKS !
>> No one replies to raised tickets
>> No one replies to personal emails
>> No one answers the phone.
>
>I'm very sorry to hear this (I mean it). Maybe it's a red flag. Who
>recommended the host?

I have been with them for 2 years but recently they had "an upgrade of
servers" which was really a take over by another company, and nothing
has gone right since.

> Is it possible to change?

I've been trying to. I have both of the sites on another server, but I
need the DNS changed and also control of the domains. Until they
reply, I am held prisoner.

It doesn't help that the whois is showing the old address and I am in
another country.

> I find it utterly unacceptable and I know I would never tolerate this myself... not worth a
>few bucks worth of saving...

Things were fine until the takeover. Getting them to reply to
*anything* is a miricle.

plh
Paul