Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Company Dumps .NET Software, Finds Happiness in Open Source

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 04:59:39 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> You are such a fucking liar, Roy.  Jesus.
>>>
>>> The entire article is about how the PHP based SugarCRM wouldn't work for
>>> them, so instead they went with a SplendidCRM which *IS* a .NET based
>>> product.
>>
>> According to the title it isn't.  If it is as you say it is, then the
>> article misled, not Roy.  According to the article title, which isn't
>> Roys, it claims that SplendidCRM is open source.  But of course deeper
>> into the article it is ".NET-centric".  It doesn't say it is developed
>> with ".NET"... just that it is oriented towards the MS platform.
>
> I didn't read the whole article, but I looked at the headline and the closing
> paragraphs. Erik is nitpicking here, but I'll admit I was unintentionally
> inaccurate. Lying is /deliberate/. What happened here was /accidental/. And
> it happens in every news site every now and then, even in Groklaw.

You mean, you didn't actually read the article at all, yet choose to
comment on it anyway.  If, as you claimed, you had read the closing
paragraphs (plural) you would have seen:

Schepis says that Splendid's focus on Microsoft platforms made it simple to
deploy and maintain. "It runs a lot faster on the same hardware," he says.
"All of our users were very excited to see that performance increase. And
because it is a .Net and SQL Server back end, we can do native integration,
where with Sugar we had to do some middleware stuff."

Schepis says he learned a valuable lesson during this process. "The
alignment of the underlying technology with your company's internal
strengths and knowledge is the most important thing. We tried using PHP and
MySQL and Apache -- it was pretty much foreign to us. We found success with
open source by using what our guys know how to use."

Now that he's gained some practical experience with an open source
application, Schepis says he'd use it again. "So long as there's existing
knowledge, or an easy way to get up to speed, there's no difference between
using open source and commercial. Actually, there's an additional benefit,
because you have access to the source and the licensing fees are much
lower. Just make sure you set your expectations in line with the experience
level of the people who are going to implement it for you."

-------------

Notice where even the second to last paragraph says the PHP and MySQL and
Apache didn't work for them.

You aren't a journalist.  Journalists actually research what they report
on, and have a responsibility to report accurately, and to publicly retract
when they make a mistake.  You can't claim to have "accidently" missed the
entire fucking article which completely obliterates your attempted
mischaracterization of it.

You aren't accurate, you don't take responsibility for your posts, you
don't even stop posting articles after they've been proven that they don't
say what you claim they do, or are completely inaccurate.

You're not even a "hack" journalist.  You're a parrot who feels the need to
comment inaccurately on what he doesn't even bother to read.