Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Company Dumps .NET Software, Finds Happiness in Open Source

__/ [ Maverick ] on Sunday 08 April 2007 01:58 \__

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>> On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 15:25:38 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>>Open source SplendidCRM a sweet alternative for ".Net-centric" SAAS
>>>provider
>>>
>>>,----[ Quote ]
>>>`----
>>>
>>>http://www.itmanagersjournal.com/feature/22363
>>

>> You are such a fucking liar, Roy.  Jesus.
>>
>> The entire article is about how the PHP based SugarCRM wouldn't work for
>> them, so instead they went with a SplendidCRM which *IS* a .NET based
>> product.
>
> According to the title it isn't.  If it is as you say it is, then the
> article misled, not Roy.  According to the article title, which isn't
> Roys, it claims that SplendidCRM is open source.  But of course deeper
> into the article it is ".NET-centric".  It doesn't say it is developed
> with ".NET"... just that it is oriented towards the MS platform.

I didn't read the whole article, but I looked at the headline and the closing
paragraphs. Erik is nitpicking here, but I'll admit I was unintentionally
inaccurate. Lying is /deliberate/. What happened here was /accidental/. And
it happens in every news site every now and then, even in Groklaw.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Surely, Microsoft has given up on altruism in the IT industry
Tasks: 124 total,   1 running, 117 sleeping,   0 stopped,   6 zombie