[News] Gates' Speech in China Interrupted by Open Source/Free Software Advocacy

Open source protester crashes speech by Bill Gates at Chinese University

,----[ Quote ]
| Gates, who is very popular on Chinese campuses, had just finished a
| speech at Peking University and was handing out prizes to students
| when a Chinese man walked on stage and unveiled a banner with "free
| software, open source" written in English on it.
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/apr/20/open_source_protester_crashes_speech_by_bill_gates_at_chinese_university

Photo here:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/20/open-source-protestor-crashes-bill-gates-speech-in-china/

Related:

Linux Graffiti Spotted in Toronto Subway Station

,----[ Quote ]
| Regardless of what the general population may think of this, I have
| to say that as a Linux user, it gave me a good laugh.
`----

http://www.loconet.ca/?p=64

Treachery In The Trenches

,----[ Quote ]