[News] Mint Linux with KDE (Ubuntu with Codecs, KDE) Finally Released

"Bianca KDE Edition" [Released]

,----[ Quote ]
| The default selection of packages is large and very up to date:
|
|     * KDE 3.5.6
|     * Amarok 1.4.5
|     * Koffice 1.6.2
|     * Firefox 2.0.0.3
`----

http://www.linuxmint.com/20070420.html

Related:

Linux Mint issues second KDE version test

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Mint team this week made available the second release candidate
| of its Ubuntu-based Linux Mint 2.2, KDE edition. The release carries
| a 2.6.17 kernel (same as the most recent GNOME desktop version, which
| came out a week ago) along with several important improvements,
| according to the project.

Review: Linux Mint 2.2 Beta 020 "Bianca KDE Edition"

,----[ Quote ]
| While it is always nice to have another Linux distribution, because
| choice is good, I didn't see any compelling reason to use Linux Mint
| over the Ubuntu which it is based off of. The look is slightly
| different, with some different configuration options here and there.
| I can't really say it offers anything special over Ubuntu, but you never
| know, there are no doubt future improvements that the Linux Mint team
| will make. Hopefully they fix the video driver issue so I can try it
| out on my desktop.
`----

http://www.triedit.org/review/review-linux-mint-22-beta-2-bianca-kde-edition/

Linux Mint "Bianca" KDE Edition Beta 020: A Small Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint is an Ubuntu-based distro whose goal in life, per its
| website, "is to produce an elegant, up to date and comfortable
| GNU/Linux desktop distribution." The developers have released
| both GNOME-based and KDE-based versions in the past, and their
| latest version, v2.2 "Bianca," is already final in its GNOME
| incarnation. They just released a beta version of "Bianca KDE
| Edition" using KDE v3.5.6. The final version is to be released
| later this month.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/15051

"Bianca KDE Edition" - BETA 020