Re: R.I.P. PCLinuxOS??

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Friday 20 April 2007 13:03 \__

> Dave Boland wrote:
>
>> It looks like this really nice distribution is not going to
>> happen, despite pronouncements to the contrary.  That is a
>> shame as it was very good.  Some things I note (as in facts):
>> * TR3 released on March 4, nothing since
>> * TR4 has been promised for about 2 wks., but..
>> * The web site has been down for about 2 wks., even though
>> ibiblio is up.
>>
>> Hope I'm wrong because I really liked it, but it looks like
>> it is time to move on.  Thanks to all of those that worked
>> so hard - you did a darn fine job!
>>

>> Dave,
>
> I was trying to get into Elive for something like two weeks once, the
> problem turned out to be to do with their host. Maybe PCLinuxOS is doing
> what ever it was Elive did.
>

> As it happens, I just looked and it seems that I am right,
> http://www.pclinuxos.com Maybe they are setting their forums etc up on a
> new host. Moving a live forum is a horrible task, all the main folders, sub
> folder, linked areas that have been building dynamically, it really isn't a
> nice job to do, plus as they say on that site, they are at the same time
> trying to finish the new release.

The last time I looked, they used temporary hosting at Google.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,
Stalin. Thanks for tuning in.
  2:00pm  up 5 days 13:28,  4 users,  load average: 0.46, 0.50, 0.66