Re: R.I.P. PCLinuxOS??

__/ [ Dave Boland ] on Friday 20 April 2007 12:18 \__

> It looks like this really nice distribution is not going to
> happen, despite pronouncements to the contrary.  That is a
> shame as it was very good.  Some things I note (as in facts):
> * TR3 released on March 4, nothing since
> * TR4 has been promised for about 2 wks., but..
> * The web site has been down for about 2 wks., even though
> ibiblio is up.
>
> Hope I'm wrong because I really liked it, but it looks like
> it is time to move on.  Thanks to all of those that worked
> so hard - you did a darn fine job!
>

> Dave,

The site is down because PCLinuxOS is _too much_ alive. It could not cope
with the demand and it will return shortly (even Ubuntu.com got hit by
demand that was too strong yesterday, so it was down for 4 hours).

You can still get the distribution and development is very active. In fact,
PCLOS has gone past (maybe even outgrown) Mandrake/Mandriva from which it
was derived, if the metrics at DistroWatch indicate something meaningful.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
 12:20pm  up 5 days 11:48,  4 users,  load average: 1.60, 1.11, 0.93