[News] Microsoft Betrayed Its XBox Guinea Pigs

Microsoft's Xbox rewards caused massive disappointment

,----[ Quote ]
| As a keen gamer who has owned most games consoles known to man, I was an
| Xbox early adopter back in 2002 when the console was launched. So when
| Microsoft said they'd give early adopters lots of extra stuff when
| they reduced their prices - I was happy. Apart from the fact that my
| extras never came and no one at Microsoft wanted to know.
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/microsofts_xbox_rewards_caused_massive_disappointment

Related:

Vista beta testers face software expiration

,----[ Feed excerpt ]
| Thanks for the help - now pay up or get lost. Millions of people testing
| beta and release candidate (RC) versions of Windows Vista will find
| their test software expires on June 1 - and Microsoft is not offering
| much help on migrating their systems.
`----

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=8519

Microsoft using early Vista users as guinea pigs?

,----[ Quote ]
| Interesting to read in the International Herald Tribune this week
| about Microsoft hitting a 'crisis of confidence' with its new Vista
| operating system.
|
| [...]
|
| Sounds familiar? Your bet - it's almost an exact re-run of the
| security issues that affected Windows XP in its earliest days.
|
| Microsoft wouldn't be using its Vista users - as it did with XP -
| as guinea pigs, now would it?...
`----

http://securityblog.itproportal.com/?p=646

An open letter to Bill Gates