[News] Nintendo and Google Still Put Microsoft to Shame (and Costing Them Money)

Google 1Q Profit Rises 69 Percent

,----[ Quote ]
| Born less than decade ago, Google now reigns as the most profitable
| -- and probably most powerful -- force on the Web.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070419/earns_google.html?.v=12

Nintendo's Wii still No. 1 new game console

,----[ Quote ]
| Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s Wii was again the No. 1 current-generation video
| game console, selling 259,000 units in the United States in March,
| according to market research firm NPD.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070419/nintendo_sales_npd.html?.v=2

Despite massive losses, Microsoft tries to convince journalists that it's
ahead in the race, while at the same time taking cheap shots at Google,
Nintendo and Sony (FUD tactics).

Related:

Microsoft profit on slide

,----[ Quote ]
| Some analysts are looking for any signs of improvement from
| Microsoft's internet division, which continues to lose market
| share in web search to Google.
|
| Microsoft's online services group saw revenue fall for the last
| four quarters and posted a loss in the past three quarters while
| it shifted to a new internet advertising platform and overhauled
| the company's web properties.
`----

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,21109542%5E15306%5E%5Enbv%5E,00.html

Software Notebook: Microsoft's cash pile isn't what it used to be

,----[ Quote ]
| But Microsoft has taken a series of steps to reduce its cash
| balance. Specifically, by Microsoft's count, the company has
| paid out nearly $100 billion through dividends and repurchasing
| its own stock in the past five years.
`----

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/309852_software02.html

When Will Microsoft Own Up to the XBox 360 Bomb?

,----[ Quote ]
| The success (or lack thereof) of Microsoft's Xbox
| 360 has been a hotly debated topic across both the blogosphere and
| mainstream media, with an amalgam of sober and utterly confused
| views depending upon one's vantage point: analyst, investor or
| gamer.
|
| After taking a step back and looking at some objective numbers -
| those taken from Microsoft's own financial statements and
| comparative console sales figures extracted from VGChartz.com and
| Wikipedia.org - I have concluded the following:
|
| # Gaming has been a disastrous endeavor for Microsoft, particularly
| from an investment perspective;
| # The seeds of this failure are evident from their sales performance
| in Japan...
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070418/32642_id.html?.v=1

Rumor: Is Microsoft cheating their [Xbox 360] sales?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://xbox360.qj.net/Rumor-Is-Microsoft-cheating-their-sales-/pg/49/aid/89595