Re: Thank God some things never change...

  • Subject: Re: Thank God some things never change...
  • From: Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:50:14 -0700
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.windows-xp, comp.os.linux.advocacy
[snips]

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:19:27 -0500, Zach wrote:

> Derk den Klotsoksel wrote:
>> Zach wrote:
>>> After a 3 year hiatus from using Linux, I'm back to using it again
>>> (openSuSE).  I read this NG religiously back then, LMAO at the trolls
>>> and MS shills.
>>
>> While you are laughing, *I* enjoy all those top-notch commercial
>> programs on the Windows platform

Hmm, and here I just enjoy all those top-notch open-source programs, most
of which I didn't have to pay a penny for.

So, we each have top-notch programs, but I've probably spent several
hundred bucks less getting there than you did.  I win.

Meanwhile, my OS lets me make copies of it - legally.  It doesn't force me
to register or authenticate, etc, etc, etc.  It can be used as a server or
a desktop - or both at the same time.  I don't have to worry that some app
I get will only work with one "type" - that I need the "corporate edition"
just because I'm running a DB or web server on the machine.

Yeah well.  You feel free to keep on paying more to get less.  I'll pay
less to get more and be quite happy for it.

>> Scheisterwitz = a troll
>>
>>> Ahhh, the more things change,
>>> the more they stay the same.
>>>
>>> Zach
>>
>> HTH & HAND
>
> And so it begins...

Actually, Scheisterwitz may well be a troll.  Our good buddy Roy
Schestowitz on the other hand simply posts news bites.  Okay, he's human
and sometimes gets things wrong, but nobody said he had to be perfect.

--
Do not contact me at kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxxxx