Re: [News] Report: Sony's Linux-ready Console Will Sell More Than 100 Million Times, Keep Ruling Over XBox

> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 19 April 2007 13:16 \__
>
>> flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> In article <196185698.FWGzvnJHfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>> newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...

>>> Finally we can put to rest the MS CONsole.
>>
>> Bury at sea, perhaps?
>
> A tad old, but here's something:
>
> Strategy Analytics: The Pressure is on Microsoft
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Research firm Strategy Analytics claims that with the PS3 now
>| launching the pressure is actually on Microsoft to convince
>| consumers and loyal PlayStation gamers to "switch camps."
>| Ultimately, the firm sees Sony trouncing the competition with
>| over 120 million units sold by 2012.
> `----
>
> http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14480

Well, PS3 prices will fall in due course, and the PS3 is pretty good at
playing PS2 games - my no2 son has only had problems with one game.
He's looking forward to me installing linux on it, I just haven't got
around to it yet!