Re: [News] Xandros Gets a Deal With Office Depot, Puts Linux in the Stores

> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 12:26 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> With Dell, 'market share' statistics can begin to align better with
>>> 'installed base'.
>>>

>> Lol!  Yes, it will then be in their interest to tell the truth about "all
>> the satisfied users" running Linux when they try and get them to buy their
>> boxes.
>
> Windows advocates will no longer argue that Dell's voting booth was gamed
> (ballot stuffing). I think that _a lot_ of truth came out in that public
> appeal. People want Linux, OpenOffice, no O/S, etc.

You're right.  Instead they'll start using phrases like "silent
majority" instead.  They are the public, coal-face marketing and sales
arm of Microsoft, they will say /whatever it takes/.  Truth and
rationality do not come into the game at all.