Re: [News] Xandros Gets a Deal With Office Depot, Puts Linux in the Stores

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 12:26 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> With Dell, 'market share' statistics can begin to align better with
>> 'installed base'.
>>

> Lol!  Yes, it will then be in their interest to tell the truth about "all
> the satisfied users" running Linux when they try and get them to buy their
> boxes.

Windows advocates will no longer argue that Dell's voting booth was gamed
(ballot stuffing). I think that _a lot_ of truth came out in that public
appeal. People want Linux, OpenOffice, no O/S, etc.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows all-in-one: Word, IE (for E-mail) & iTunes
  3:05pm  up 3 days 14:33,  5 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.22, 0.35