Re: Intel Scared of Microsoft, Fear Affects Linux Adoption

nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> blip.   Someone (Bailo?) on this newsgroup commented a few days ago
> that Vista might actually be hurting new computer sales, and in fact
> that makes sense.

I do agree with that, it is general knowledge even to none geeks that Vista
is pants.

But the only version of MS Win you see on misco, PCworld and other popular
outlets is Vista.

They are some very good deals going, almost makes it worth buying a machine
with Vista on, then wiping it off and putting an alternative onboard. But
not everyone would be willing to do that of cause. Us because we don't want
to pay MS and other users because to many the machine and the OS are one
entity, unless they happen to have a seperately bought XP handy.

As these poor sales carry on more of the vendors must be looking for
alternatives, promoting the Mac or Linux more. It's no use being afraid of
MS if your not making money off them anyway.