Re: [News] Indian Government's Interest in Free Open Source Software on the Rise

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 02:01 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> CIO India: United & Open
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | FOSS is playing an increasingly important role in Indian e-governance.
>
> They'd be fools to do otherwise!
>
> Why pay extra, especially when you're trying to develop a national software
> industry?!

They might have another concern.

Vista a 'threat' to the national security of India

,----[ Quote ]
| As Mr Bombay Watcher says on his blog, Microsoft has a cosy partnership
| with the CIA, so perhaps the world should take care and caution when it
| comes time to upgrade. We're pretty certain Windows 3.1 would be a safe
| bet. He seems particularly worried about the national security of India,
| as it does, of course, have some conflicting interests with the US
| of A.

                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: just set it and forget about it
         run-level 5  Apr 14 23:12                   last=S