Re: Company Dumps .NET Software, Finds Happiness in Open Source

On Apr 16, 11:30 am, Maverick <S...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tim Smith wrote:

> >>They used "OPEN SOURCE"!!!!!
>
> > Yes, open source .NET software.  Hence, they did not dump .NET.
>
> .NET is a M$ registered trademark... isn't it?
>
> But I see the final point and can easily be a confusing point.

Yes, to you.  You don't seem to be able to parse the fact that
SplendidCRM is .NET CRM.  There are 2 versions, one oss and the other
commercial.  It is written using C# - and though, I have no direct
evidence, most likely using VS2005.

> No, they didn't dump the .NET software, but converted to an Open Source
> approach to a .NET-centric version.
>
> So it is all a matter of viewpoint isn't it.
>
> They dumped anything used by MS tools to make .NET software and used an
> open source methodology instead.  By using this approach they eliminated
> the M$ tax.  And that is really the jist of the whole thing.

NO.  Dude, the whole thing is built on an MS stack - check out their
website.  SQLServer, C#, ASP.NET, etc.  In fact, if you want the sql
source, you have to use the paid version :)

--
Tom Shelton