Re: Linux now on AppleTV

Hadron Quark wrote:

Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hadron Quark wrote:

Steve de Mena <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Vista gaming will be 10 to 15 per cent slower than XP

,----[ Quote ]
| So if you play Battlefield 2 or FEAR or any other popular game you are
| likely to get lower frame rates with Vista. That is certainly not a
| good buying argument but don?t think you and I have much choice as it
| looks like a take it or leave it deal. I like Vista as the 3D desktop
| looks sexy but that is probably its key feature.

Yes it will be slower, like 5%, but it has nothing to do with "Aero" and/or the "3D" desktop, it is due to moving graphic subsystem pieces out of the kernel area to make the system more stable. This was an old article from lat October.

This was done to death ages ago. Roy is a lair and a spammer. The games
might run a little lower is some cases - but at least they will run.

Why does that make him a liar, when in fact you already agreed with his claim?

Even liars don't lie all the time. Or if they did they couldn't admit it....

But then you'd have to prove his claims to be a lie in order for him to be a liar.
Do you admit to any lies you may have said?