Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Ex-Softie Expects Millions to Use His Web Operating System (was: [Erik Funkenbusch spins again] Ex-Softie Expects Millions to Use His Web Operating System)

__/ [ Linonut ] on Saturday 14 April 2007 20:52 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> That means that it is not the shills doing it.  It is the general Digg
>> population that dislikes your comments.  Figure out why, and fix that,
>> and you'll also improve your stories here.

Au contraire. Stories that make the front page have me ranked positively
because the effect of the shills is overwhelmed and annuled by a wider
audience. It is the stories that don't make the front page that go on the
radar of some people who syndicate "Vista" and "Microsoft"... /these/ are
the ones that frequently get modded down. There's also the Microsoft 'bury
brigade', which probably tries hard to ensure my submissions cannot get to
the front page, despite the fact that other people like the submissions.
This was pointed out before, not only by me. Other victims of these
'brigades' are Roughly Drafted Magazine and msaleem. That's why the call it
the mob culture or subculture... and it's well know that companies have
presence in that Web site, which is something that has led to decline in
quality.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | < http://debian.org >
 12:00am  up   0:47,  3 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.47, 0.58