Re: [News] CRN Explains Why Windows Vista is Good News to GNU/Linux

After takin' a swig o' grog, John Locke belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> It appears to me that there is real ground swell out there which is
> about to come crashing down on Microsoft. While it is true that there
> are imperfections with some of the distros, these problems are
> being resolved.

Be careful, though.  Where we see a wave, many average people see, at
best, a blip.

> Most important though, the distros are cost effective.
> .....and they are free of licensing and activation hastles and contain
> no DRM crap....and I haven't seen any sign of adware, spyware or
> viruses on my Linux installs.
>
> We may be at the point where the Microsoft "solution" is finally
> out weighed by the benefits of Linux.

For the technically savvy, that's pretty much the case.

There's still plenty of room for the Windows fanboi, though.

Let's hope (however much it may reek of futility) that the Windows camp
will wise up, start opening up, and stop trying to torpedo the honest
efforts of the Free Software competition.