Re: [News] India Makes Sub-$100 GNU/Linux PCs for Homes, Eyes Millions of Buyers

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [ John Bailo ] on Monday 30 April 2007 09:20 \__

John Bailo wrote:

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Made in India PC for just about $100

They also are to produce a $2500 shortly.

That is:

produce a $2500 car shortly

Tata motors...

Industrial independence. Some countries tried that, but it didn't always work
(what about Lada? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lada ).

I think my current PC was assembled in India, but I'm not sure.

It's surprising that India would go for the low cost manufacturing route -- seems like they passed that state a while back, in fact they get pressure from Sri Lanka (their Mexico) on wages.

Well, at some point everything will normalize...