Re: Firefox Market Share Keeps Improving, Growing, Sets Roadmap

  • Subject: Re: Firefox Market Share Keeps Improving, Growing, Sets Roadmap
  • From: Larry Qualig <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 30 Apr 2007 08:46:37 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Apr 30, 4:39 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Mozilla ramps up Firefox 3 schedule
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Firefox 3, which Mozilla has said should appear in final form in the last
> | quarter of the year, will feature a completely-revamped bookmarking system,
> | new identity management tools and support for off-line Web applications.
> | The redesigned bookmarks, dubbed Places, will debut in Alpha 5, which is
> | due to roll out May 31.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=2079437012&rid=-50
>
> With Web-based software, the Web browser becomes the core for applications.
> O/S detects hardware and launches the Web browser, browser then does the
> rest. With offline access support, browser technology will become very
> sophisticated. It could achieve and cover everything over broadband,
> including media.
>
> Related:
>
> Safari Drops, Firefox Gains in March

> | Microsoft's Internet Explorer continues to lose ground to Safari and
> | Firefox, and dropped to a new all time low in March with 78.57 percent
> | of the browser market. Internet Explorer dropped below 80 percent in
> | December 2006, and has not been able to recover.
> `----
>
> http://www.macobserver.com/article/2007/04/05.4.shtml

So once again stats mean absolutely nothing unless they show Firefox
or some other OSS gaining. In which case stats are suddenly gospel and
touted as NEWS. But if stats are negative towards Firefox/OSS/Linux
then stats are biased and unreliable.

How's that hypocrisy thing working out for ya? You ought to get
together with Kelsey some time.