Re: People Bash Software They Know Absolutely Nothing About (Linux)

On Apr 28, 4:16 pm, spi...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Larry Qualig <lqua...@xxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>
> > Thanks. Because my original statement is correct:
> > --- "Oh... you mean like [H]omer bashing Solaris the other day or some
> > of the idiots here bashing Windows."
>
> I don't care whether homer bashed solaris.
> I didn't see it even if he did. And so what?
>
> > Because [H]omer has clearly NEVER used Solaris before yet he bashes it
>
> And you know this HOW exactly?
> Even I've used solaris, what of it?

Geeez... are you really this dense? The general point of this thread
is about people bashing a product they aren't familiar with. Despite
the way Roy portrayed this, it doesn't only happen to Linux. People
like Homer try a Solaris based distro for 5 minutes (look up the post
from 3-4 days ago) and because it didn't work 'just like Linux' he
concluded that it's inferior to Linux.

Look at the half-dozen or more example that I gave you of "Linux
advocates" who are obviously clueless when it comes to Windows posting
complaints about how bad Windows is because "every drive needs it's
own drive letter" or "cron jobs don't run unless you're logged in."

Whether it's Linux, Windows, Solaris, finance or automobiles. There
are plenty of people whining about something they know nothing about.