Re: People Bash Software They Know Absolutely Nothing About (Linux)

Larry Qualig <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
> On Apr 28, 4:16 pm, spi...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Larry Qualig <lqua...@xxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>>
>> > Thanks. Because my original statement is correct:
>> > --- "Oh... you mean like [H]omer bashing Solaris the other day or some
>> > of the idiots here bashing Windows."
>>
>> I don't care whether homer bashed solaris.
>> I didn't see it even if he did. And so what?
>>
>> > Because [H]omer has clearly NEVER used Solaris before yet he bashes it
>>
>> And you know this HOW exactly?
>> Even I've used solaris, what of it?

> Geeez... are you really this dense? The general point of this thread
> is about people bashing a product they aren't familiar with.

Yes? And? It's not "Aren't familiar with" it's "Have never used"
BIIIG difference.

Despite
> the way Roy portrayed this, it doesn't only happen to Linux. People
> like Homer try a Solaris based distro for 5 minutes (look up the post
> from 3-4 days ago) and because it didn't work 'just like Linux' he
> concluded that it's inferior to Linux.

Shame on him then, big deal (again)
One person doesn't disprove the point.
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |                                                 |
|            in            |  suck is probably the day they start making     |
|     Computer science     |  vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge            |