Re: Microsoft Interoffice Memorandum ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Monday 23 April 2007 16:00 \__

> * BATTLE IS OVER FOR OS - WE WON
>
> - WINDOWS VS. GEM - WE HAVE NOT WON
>
> - ISV PROGRAM IS KEY
>
> * MULTITASKING DOS
>
> - SOLID SCHEDULE COMMITMENT NOW
>
> * NETWORKS
>
> - XENIX IS BEST LEVERAGE
>
> xenix key to DOS | compat our only value-added at key to Net
>
> * BUNDLING IS BEST LEVERAGE
>
> * BUNDLING/PRICING

When I see such things I can't help but think that not only do they want 100%
market penetration for their software, but they also try to see how much
money they can squeeze out of people. Because there is virtually no
competition and people need to interact in the computing world, Microsoft
can abuse the market. It's like going back to overseas telephone charges
several decades ago. When Microsoft elevates its pricing as much as possible
(with pay-as-you-go programs to squeeze out the most from poor people in
developing nation), then it's worrisome. Then they just move on to another
sector where they can extract more money and emerge as leaders through
vertical integration or breakage of standards, which leads to
miscommunication. If the US government does not wake up to see this, the
world should. Increasingly it does.

The US may be the last nation to embrace Linux. It's unlikely to write a Free
software policy. When it tried, Men in Black show up. Most of the trolls in
this newsgroup come from there, quite unsurprisingly, but maybe it's to do
with other factor such as currency coversion in they paychecks. *wink*

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz     \ Spread Mozilla Firefox.
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
Swap:  1036184k total,   513724k used,   522460k free,    29104k cached