Re: [News] OpenOffice Gets Blogging Addon

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Thursday 26 April 2007 16:55 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Do you really need Sun Weblog Publisher?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Suddenly, every application on the desktop seems to be adding a
>> | blogging extension. Sun Microsystems' offering is the Sun Weblog
>> | Publisher (SWP) for StarOffice and OpenOffice.org.
>> `----
>>
>> http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/04/12/1912230&from=rss
>>

> I wrote a blog once. No one visited that page on the web site I did it on
> except someone who I told to read it, my sister then felt obligued. The
> only hits on my web stats were from my own PC, but pages before and after
> the blog were looked at.
>
> So although StarOffice is my main office, I can't see me needing the blog
> extention
>
> {Wanders off towards the nearest bridge feeling a little depressed}
>
> (not really, gads, even I didn't want to read it)

It's quite handy provided that you take technical notes and keep them tidy. I
sometimes use my blog (with MySQL search) to look up some things I once
wrote down. People whom I work with take the same approach when it comes to
technical (not mandatory) documentation of experiments and code. It's like
swap to one's RAM (brain)... and it's quickly accessible.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,
Stalin. Thanks for tuning in.