Re: [News] OpenOffice Gets Blogging Addon

__/ [ AB ] on Thursday 26 April 2007 13:04 \__

> On 2007-04-26, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:43:29 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Do you really need Sun Weblog Publisher?
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/04/12/1912230&from=rss
>>>
>>> Many other features and addons have been appearing recently. Suddenly it
>>> seems like Microsoft Office is being left behind because it does not
>>> thrive in an open development community that collaborates.
>>
>> Oh, darn... you're right...
>>
>> Oh wait, MS Word added a blogging extension a *YEAR* ago
>>
>> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060512-6825.html
>
> They've had so many flops in recent years I'd hesitate to put any faith
> in it. In fact, I'd run from it. No telling what kind of damage it will
> end up causing once Bad Guys(tm) figure out where the holes are.
>
>> Kind of makes your entire commentary pointless, doesn't it?
>
> They've had so many flops in recent years I'd hesitate to put any faith
> in it. In fact, I'd run from it. No telling what kind of damage it will
> end up causing once Bad Guys(tm) figure out where the holes are.

Erik didn't read about 100 lines of text which he conveniently snipped.
Therein lies some groundbreaking stuff. I already knew about Word's blogging
function (however disgusting the 'HTML' might be).

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
Cpu(s):  23.4% user,   3.1% system,   0.7% nice,  72.9% idle