Re: [News] OpenOffice Gets Blogging Addon

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:17:38 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ AB ] on Thursday 26 April 2007 13:04 \__

>>> Oh, darn... you're right...
>>>
>>> Oh wait, MS Word added a blogging extension a *YEAR* ago
>>>
>>> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060512-6825.html
>>
>> They've had so many flops in recent years I'd hesitate to put any faith
>> in it. In fact, I'd run from it. No telling what kind of damage it will
>> end up causing once Bad Guys(tm) figure out where the holes are.
>>
>>> Kind of makes your entire commentary pointless, doesn't it?
>>
>> They've had so many flops in recent years I'd hesitate to put any faith
>> in it. In fact, I'd run from it. No telling what kind of damage it will
>> end up causing once Bad Guys(tm) figure out where the holes are.
>
> Erik didn't read about 100 lines of text which he conveniently snipped.
> Therein lies some groundbreaking stuff. I already knew about Word's blogging
> function (however disgusting the 'HTML' might be).

If you had known about it, you wouldn't have pretended that Open Office's
blogging feature was so revolutionary, and that Microsoft was falling
behind because they didn't have it.

Further, Word 2007's HTML output isn't anywhere near as bad as it used to
be, in fact, it's quite good.

http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_jones/archive/2006/05/22/602167.aspx

Of course you'll now proceed to tell me you knew that too.