[News] OLPC Praised, Microsoft's Attempt to Intercept It Get the Finger

The case for the one laptop per child program

,----[ Quote ]
| There are many critics, but here James Cascio argues that it will be
| a boon to participatory culture.
`----

http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/the-case-for-the-one-laptop-per-child-program/2007/04/25

OLPC board member: Microsoft's $3 Windows fine by us

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp.'s announcement last week that it will sell a $3
| software bundle to students in developing countries is a positivem
| ove that won't hurt the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) effort, said a
| member of the nonprofit group?s board on Tuesday.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=operating_systems&articleId=9017738&taxonomyId=89
http://tinyurl.com/2qbsnz

Why Microsoft Code Shouldn't be on the OLPC XO

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.olpcnews.com/software/operating_system/microsoft_code_olpc_xo.html