Re: Dell Better Hurry Up

__/ [ John Locke ] on Thursday 26 April 2007 05:50 \__

>>Red Hat might be Dell's choice.
>>
>>Are Dell and Red Hat Discussing a Desktop Linux Deal?
>>
> Red Hat's a pretty good choice. Good for Dell if its true.

A couple of weeks ago, Red Hat said that it would shift some focus to the
desktop side (not Fedora). Let me see if I can quickly find this...

Hmmm... I think I overlook a better and more detailed article, but here's a
couple.

Novell, Red Hat compare desktop Linux programs

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source rivals Novell and Red Hat are each highlighting
| initiatives to bring Linux-based functionality to the desktop.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=503573516&rid=-50

Linux on the Desktop is Building Momentum

,----[ Quote ]
| I have noticed that mention of Linux on the desktop seems to be
| building in the media, but it hasn't been clear if that noise
| correlated to more users actually switching to it. Based on the
| results of my admittedly unscientific poll, Linux does appear to
| be building momentum.
`----

http://linuxappfinder.com/blog/linux_on_the_desktop_is_building_momentum

Red Hat seems to be keeping low profile, probably for strategic reasons (just
like Palm that announced a move to Linux in 2005 and then 'disappeared',
until recently). VAR Guy suggests there's something going on indeed, and an
announcement on its way.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"
Swap:  1036184k total,   648072k used,   388112k free,    26184k cached