Re: Dell Better Hurry Up

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 26 April 2007 02:32 \__

>> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 25 April 2007 23:10 \__
>>
>>> AAPL just realeased sales figures and Mac sales are up -- way up!
>>>
>>> Most likely people had been waiting around to see what Vista looked like.
>>>
>>> They came, they saw -- they went...to the iStore!
>
> [...]
>
>> Red Hat might be Dell's choice.
>>
>> Are Dell and Red Hat Discussing a Desktop Linux Deal?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Michael Dell himself is running Ubuntu Linux at home--in addition
>> | to three Windows-based PCs. So there's growing speculation that Dell
>> | will offer Ubuntu on selected systems. If it's good enough for Michael,
>> | it's good enough for the rest of us--right?
>> |
>> | But wait. Hold everything. Now, sources close to Red Hat tell me the
>> | company could have some desktop-related news to share in a few weeks
>> | or by the summer at the latest.
>> `----
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070424/33255_id.html?.v=1
>>
>> Their sales rose a whopping 41% a month ago.
>
> Looks like everyone is benefiting from the Vista flop ... except
> Microsoft and their customers.

..and their partners. Dell is apparently distancing himself from them, with
restoration of XP options and GNU/Linux.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | http://debian.org
  3:05am  up 11 days  2:33,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.06, 0.15