[News] Aithor of 'Sorry State of Open Source' Criticised, Retires (Sort of)

Column: Polemic research

,----[ Quote ]
| Unfortunately there is too little research of this type in IT.
| Commercial and/or ideological interests play too great a part
| that the conclusions are written beforehand. I do think it is
| worse when a blogger/columnist gives personal opinion the odium
| of research. Like 'The sorry state of open source' which was
| published at Planète Béranger earlier this week.
|
| The 25 html-page piece is more like a j'accuse, a polemic
| instead of clear and objective analysis. Which is a shame
| since the issues mentioned do deserve a closer inspection.
`----

http://opensourcelearning.info/blog/?p=337

Earlier today, Radu published a blog item saying that he'll be taking a break
and leave his rants to forums and mailing lists, not damaging public
articles and blog posts.

As [H]omer pointed out, lashing out at OIN was silly because it resulted from
lack of research on the subject. His post on Novell and TrueType also led to
a lot of disinformation.