Re: [News] Microsoft Gets Scummier in Anti-Linux Attacks

__/ [ 7 ] on Sunday 22 April 2007 11:03 \__

> [H]omer wrote:

>>> Microsoft Money Machine Launches Full Frontal Attack on Linux
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2007/04
> microsoft-money-machine-launches-full.html
>>
>> This is essential reading.
>>
>> Helios (Tux500 project leader, and general Linux luminary) has special
>> insight into developments in the Linux world, and even more
>> interestingly, has some rather unexpected connections.
>>
>> Looks like his inside source at Microsoft might have a nasty surprise or
>> ten for the Redmond crew, in a couple of years.
>>
>> You can almost feel the strain of desperation coming from Microsoft now.
>> It would be quite funny, but you know what they say about cornered
>> animals. Things are about to get *really* nasty.
>
> What are they going to do?
> Perfom air masturbation on stage?
> They have nothin to match Linux.
> Trying to reduce price to $3 doesn't match the superior
> features of things like Ubuntu, Knoppix, Mepis, Mandriva, DSL etc
> and the inclusive offer of free source code and power to modify software
> with a whole battery of free software for everything for everyone
> from developers to educators.

This does change anything. From pirated software to a low price? This has no
attraction. As I said yesterday, they tried this in 2003 in the embedded
market (even in the developed world). It just blew up in their face and you
should know because you're in that market where Linux has become/is becoming
the /de facto/ standard as more giants like Nokia, Palm and Intel embrace
it.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
 11:20am  up 7 days 10:48,  4 users,  load average: 0.88, 0.65, 0.41