Re: [News] Choosing Ubuntu Linux Because It's Debian

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:55:06 +0100

> 6 Reasons Everyone Should Try Ubuntu
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> article, and to | show that while I don’t use Ubuntu, I do support
> it, here are six reasons | everyone should at least try Ubuntu.
> |
> | 1. Descendant of Debian
> |
> | Though not my favorite distro, there’s no denying the fact that
> Debian is one | of the greats. The project was started in 1993, and
> has enjoyed continued | success since then. This longevity stands as
> a testament to the quality of | work that goes into the distro which
> spills over into each release of Ubuntu. `----

This I am not in full agreement on. I think this is out of context. The
Debian GNU/Linux distro is about free and openness, Ubuntu is for
freedom haters, it includes a bunch of stuff that is not in full
agreement with the GPL, take a look at multiverse, I suppose it could
be seen as contrib on steroids really. But really, I think that Debian
itself is more suited for the corporations as there is less risk with
license problems.

> http://linuxbraindump.org/2007/08/09/6-reasons-everyone-should-try-ubuntu/
>
> 75 minutes to close a bug
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Today at 11:04am (GMT, or Greenwich Time), Debian developer Erich
> Schubert | reported about a bug in Serendipity. According to his
> blog, it took him 10 | minutes to close it, and he reported it to the
> guys over at Serendipity. |
> | And at 12:09pm (GMT), another Debian developer named Thijs
> Kinkhorst had | uploaded a corrected version from upstream to Debian
> unstable, and he already | found out that Sarge and Etch were not
> affected. `----
>
> http://wolfgang.lonien.de/?p=355

How many months has it been on some of those open IE bugs??? And people
*PAY* for that don't they...

By the people, for the people.

--
The OC48 to the bathroom is floppin like a dying fish because of Shagy
downloading MP3's. RedHat is planting trees instead of cell towers.